Thankful List 2018
For Thanksgiving this year, I wanted to share a few things I am thankful for. This has been one of the craziest and most challenging years of my life but I feel now more than ever that I am exactly where I need to be. Our life is anything but normal but I have learned to love it and I wouldn’t trade it even if I could.
Things I am thankful for this year:
1. Josh is coming home soon and we can check our first deployment off our list. Yes, he has to deploy every year that we are stationed here in Japan but for the next several months he will be coming home to me at the end of the day and I seriously can’t wait for that. I can’t wait to have meals together and wake up together, go for walks, run errands together and just have his presence in the house.
2. Living in Japan. It’s something we dreamed of and discussed for years before coming out here and it’s crazy to think that today, right now, we are living that dream. I don’t take it for granted and even on the hard days I am thankful to be here.
3. My photography business. And the friends who pushed me into it. I have always doubted my abilities and don’t often believe in myself so I am thankful for the push and that I was brave enough to listen. It has allowed me to meet so many amazing people out here!
4. Deployment. As much as deployment sucks, there are parts about it that I am thankful for. It has given me so much time to think and relax and grow through the hard parts. It also allowed me to travel to the Philippines, Guam, South Korea, and Hong Kong to see Josh, all in the last 6 months.
5. Thanksgiving with Josh in Hong Kong. I had to go to another country to get to him but I didn’t think we would be spending Thanksgiving together this year and I couldn’t be more thankful for that.
6. All the new friends and connections I have made this year, including my wonderful squadron ladies. I am grateful for each and every person that reaches out, comments, reads my blogs and speaks their truth into my life.
There are so many more things I could list here but I will keep it short. I hope you all have an amazing Thanksgiving and are able to reflect on the things that have made this year good.